1. Served as faculty for 37 yrs and retired as Associate Professor (Plant Breeding & Genetics) JNKVV Jabalpur.
2. Contributed in developing three varieties of soybean (JS 80-21 JS 90-41 and JS 93-05) one variety of chickpea (JGK 1)and Ricebean variety JRBJ 05-2 as plant breeder;
3. Published 36 research papers and presented 60 papers in various conferences seminar and symposium within and outside India;
4. Served as expert member/resource person in several committees ;
5. Handled number of research projects covering various aspects as PI and Co-PI.
6. Devoted fifteen years on integrated development and genetic enhancement of Jatropha and developed promising lines of Jatropha curcas for Biodiesel and biojetfuel.
7. Presented status paper during National and international Conference on Jatropha for ?Biodiesel.
8. Served as team member of Southern Agriculture Group (ERAARD).
9. Conferred Best Life Time Research Achievement Award -2010 in 2010.
10. Worked on developing Non-toxic Jatropha Varieties for Biofuels and Animal Feed? funded by World Agroforestry Centre Kenya. Presented status paper on Jatropha for biodiesel in more than seven countries abroad.
1. Married in 1980 to Madhu (M.A. Political Science) from Kanpur University is homemaker .
2. Elder son Dheeraj is Software Engineer working with Honeywell International and his wife Shalini is also Software Engineer working with Infosys Bangalore.
3. Younger son Neeraj is Software Engineer working with Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce Toronto; Canada married to Edgimar Ulpina who is a physiotherapist in Toronto; Canada