1. 40 years of engagement in Vehicle Development and Launches. Contributed in setting up R&D Centre, Introducing automotive Advanced Technology, New vehicle Development, Localization, CKD/ CBU launches. Contributed for over 32 vehicle platforms.
2. Currently Automotive Technical Consultant. Technical Advisor for MG Motors, India (owned by SAIC, China) and Multinational Engineering Companies.
3. Senior Vice President and Global Engineering and Product Development Head, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra, Mahindra Research Valley (MRV), Chennai (Year 2013 to 2017 and Year 1999 to 2002)
4 Vice President and Head of Engineering & Design, Fiat-Chrysler Automotive, Ranjangaon, Pune (Year 2007 to 2013). - Vice President and Head of Engineering & Design, General Motors India, Halol, Baroda (Year 2002 to 2007)
5. Head Automotive Plant, Perkasa Heavyndo Engineering (Texmaco Group), Indonesia, responsible for setting up Greenfield Plant, Engineering, Manufacturing and Operations. (Year 1996 to 1999)
6. Started as Post Graduate Trainee and worked for New Vehicle Development, 18 Years in Tata Motors (Telco), Engineering Research Centre (ERC), Pune (Year 1978 to 1996)
1. Married to Kakoli on 30th November 1982 . She is M. Sc. (Chemistry) from Allahabad.
2. Elder Son Kaushik has done BE (Mech.) and MBA and currently working as Manager KPMG, Gurgaon.
3. Younger Son Sumanta has done BE (Mech.) and MBA and currently working in Kantar Worldpanel, Dubai