If you have someone in your life that likes to live naturally and appreciates a simpler life, and you’re looking for the perfect gift, there are many great things you can give them that aren’t cliché or commercialized. You don’t have to give them something that you would typically find in a store, or something that doesn’t go along with their organic practices and lifestyle. Here are a few of the great gift options you want to think about and look into when making your selection.
If you are looking for a piece of jewelry that is something not everyone else is going to have, and you want something that doesn’t look commercialized, vintage styles are great. You can get any type of jewelry for both men and women, and it won’t be something that the receiver will see on other people, or that they would find in a large department store. Something with natural metals and stones and with earth tones could be right for them. Check out brands like House of Harlow for ideas.
A plant that cleans the air in their home, that releases a positive or mood boosting scent, or even a rare plant from another country is a great organic gift. This is something that they can care for and nuture over time, and it won’t get thrown out or dumped into a waste facility after time. This is something that can provide oxygen and sentiment in their home for years, instead of being used once or twice and tossed.
Some organic coffee, tea, chocolates or other treats that come in recyclable or recycled packaging is an organic treat they can enjoy. There are many organic options from sweet desserts and treats, to organic seasonings, sauces and rubs they can savor. After the food is consumed they can dispose of the packaging responsibly if it’s made of organic or recyclable products, and they’ll appreciate that you gave them a gift that was good for their body and the environment.
It can be difficult to give a gift for someone who wants to be natural and organic, and not all gifts and products are environmentally friendly organic. Here are a few ways you can put a twist on traditional gifts in order to give them the perfect gifts that they want or need. Explore these options and more to give them a thoughtful gift they’ll always remember.
If you need to get your hands on some quick money for household bills or an unanticipated financial crisis, you may find what you need simply laying around your home. Take a good look at your belongings to determine if there are any items that could be used to get out of your conundrum, and that could fetch a pretty-penny when you resell these things.
Five ways that could lead to quick money when you need it most are:
- Assess your jewelry. Take any jewelry that you come across to a reputable jeweler or broker to determine the worth before selling. There are some online sites that offer evaluations, and some may potentially offer to buy your items. Make sure that you know what you have before agreeing to a sale in order to obtain the most favorable results from the transaction. Contact a company like Fortuna Auction to learn more.
- Auction something online. Check out the many online auction platforms that provide sellers with a broad audience for unwanted belongings. Be sure to assess the fees and charges first, to ensure you will be earning what you need to get over your financial obstacle. There are some sites that sellers can use to get rid of anything, from clothes to cars, with little effort or work.
- Host a tag-sale. Make the effort to throw a yard sale this summer; this can be a great way to pick up some money while cleaning out the house. Talk with neighbors about joining in and getting rid of their unwanted things, too. Plus, the added vendors can draw more attention and increase traffic to your sale.
- Sell something on consignment. Though it may take a little time, offer up some items to a nearby consignment store or online site to get a good price for your unwanted clothing, shoes, bags, or jewelry. There may be some platforms that deal specifically with tools or equipment, also.
- Give to charity. If you are facing the prospect of owing money for taxes or end-of-the-year expenses, consider making a donation to charity right now. Many consumers may find that they are eligible for a substantial tax credit simply by giving unwanted possessions to a worthy organization. Make sure to get a receipt at the time of drop-off to document the donation for tax purposes.
A financial hurdle is the perfect time to look around and clean-out things that could get you out of your jam. Make sure to have third-party evaluations of valuable items, such as jewelry, before relinquishing these items to pawn brokers or buyers. Simply giving-up a few belongings could provide the money you need to get back on track!
As the economy ebbs and flows and stocks rise and plummet, many people turn to gold for a stable investment. It is for this reason that a number of people look to sell their gold for cash. With this in mind, you should consider some ideas that will help you to sell your gold on your terms and reap the benefits of the profits. Take advantage of these tips below so that you are able to maximize on selling your gold.
Tip #1: Understand The Measurements That Dealers Will Use When Buying Your Gold
When you reach out to gold buyers, you should understand the forms of measurement that they use when assessing them. For example, some dealers utilize the Troy ounce, while others use the 28 gram ounce. You should understand the measurement of karats as well, which allows you to know the weight of the gold when considering its mixture with other metals and alloys. Understanding these forms of measurement will allow you to make the most out of the process while remaining informed.
Tip #2: Get Your Gold Appraised By An Expert
You need to reach out to some gold experts who will be happy to appraise your pieces for you. This way, when you reach out to buyers, you will feel comfortable getting the price that you deserve. It is critical that you receive an appraisal for insurance purposes as well so that you can replace your most precious items if anything happens to them.
Tip #3: Find The Best Gold Buyer
Anytime that you are looking to make the most of your gold pieces, you will need to do business with excellent buyers who are reputable, insured, and licensed. Be sure that you look into referrals from people who have used them before, so that you know that they are professional and able to assist you. For best result, you should do business with professionals who also have a permanent address. Whenever possible, stop by for a visit to verify and speak with people who work there. There have been a number of cash for gold places that have popped up over the years, so you need to be sure that you are doing business with buyers that are credible and honest.
Consider these three guidelines so that you are able to make the most of the process and make a profit from your gold.
To sell gold, contact a dealer such as Desert Jewelry Mart & Coins.
If you own a piece of heirloom jewelry, there may come a time when you want to make a copy of it. An exact replica of a piece of heirloom jewelry allows you to keep your original safe, for use on special occasions, while you wear the replica for everyday use. You may also want a copy made because you want to hand down a piece of jewelry to multiple family members or because you are nervous about losing the original. There are several ways that you can have fine jewelry replicated or remade, and depending on your situation one of the following methods may work for you.
Cast a Mold from the Original
One of the easiest and least expensive methods for making a copy of a piece of jewelry is to cast a mold around the original piece. This usually involves removing any stones from the piece and then placing the piece in a special rubber which is then heated until it hardens and then carefully removed from the original jewelry. For most pieces of jewelry, this method does not pose a problem. However, if your piece is extremely delicate or brittle, it may be damaged during the process.
Handcraft a Mold Based On the Original
If you cannot create a mold around the original piece of jewelry because you no longer have it in your possession or because it is brittle and could break, then you may be able to hire a jeweler to carve a wax mold based on the original, which can then be used to make a copy. With this method, you may not have to relinquish the piece of jewelry while a mold is being made, you do not risk damaging it, and you can make a replica based on an old photo. However, there may be slight differences between the original and the replica.
Create a 3D Replica
3D scanning and printing is now allowing jewelers to quickly produce either molds or finished products that look exactly like the original piece. You can have your original piece scanned and printed in a small amount of time, and if you do not have the original piece anymore, a digital mold can be created from a photograph. However, this is still relatively new technology and not all jewelers have access to it.
Before getting a piece of jewelry copied, it is important to discuss copy right laws with your jeweler. While most heirloom pieces will not be copyrighted, if your piece has been made or purchased recently, there is potential for its design to have a copyright. Contact a business, such as Mollie B Distinctively Different Fine Jewelry, for more information.
Shopping for jewelry can be quite overwhelming because of the many options that you have. This is especially true if you are on a budget and need to save as much money as possible. Here are four ways to save money when shopping for jewelry:
- Opt for Silver: Gold jewelry may be your desired option, but gold is much more expensive than silver, so you may just want to opt for that instead. You can still find beautiful silver jewelry that will look great. You can even ask the professional at the jewelry shop if they have any silver jewelry that is similar to the gold jewelry that you have had your eye on.
- Buy Used Jewelry: Some jewelry shops may have used jewelry available for their customers for much cheaper. This can allow you to purchase gold jewelry if you prefer it. If your local jewelry stores don’t have used jewelry, however, you can always purchase used jewelry from pawn shops. Just be sure that you ask for certificates to ensure that it is authentic.
- Be Sure to Receive Certification: Whenever you purchase jewelry, be sure that you receive proper certification for it. This is typically a given when you shop from a jewelry shop since they will always provide this. This is going to ensure that you are definitely getting what you paid for. On top of this, if you decide to sell any jewelry pieces in the future, having certification will ensure that you can sell it for the price that you want to. Without certification, it will be difficult to sell for what the jewelry piece is actually worth.
- Look Online: Before you go into a jewelry store to shop for jewelry, check out their website. You can find a piece of jewelry a bit easier and with a clear head since you won’t be overwhelmed by other customers being in your way to clearly look at the jewelry. You can also find jewelry that they may not have on display in the store. You can also be sure that you are going to the right location since some stores may be out of stock of the piece that you would like to purchase. This can save you a great deal of time and money, as well.
By following these tips for saving money, you can be sure that you get the jewelry you want, even when you are on a budget.
If you have your grandmother’s antique brooch or you’ve just purchased a wedding ring, it’s a good idea to have your jewelry professionally appraised. This process will provide you with a piece of paperwork that explains the value of your jewelry for resale and insurance purposes. It will cost you some money upfront to have jewelry appraised, but this will be a valuable asset when you go to sell or insure it later. Here is what you can expect when you take a piece of jewelry in to be appraised.
Once you’ve decided which appraiser you plan to use, they will perform an initial assessment of the jewelry. The appraiser will usually clean the piece thoroughly in order to be able to see the clarity of the stones used and to get a good image when they take photographs of the jewelry. The piece of jewelry will be weighed so that the appraiser can determine how many carats it contains and how many grams of gold, silver, or other metals are in it. This weight is important to assessing the overall value of the piece. They will also measure the size of any stones found in the jewelry.
A professional jewelry appraiser will test the metal content of your jewelry to determine its authenticity. If the gold is 24 or 14 karat, for example, they will be able to tell this from the test and can make a more accurate appraisal. They will also look at the cut, color, and clarity of any stones as well as their weight combined to determine the market value. If a piece of jewelry is antique, the appraiser will look for any maker’s marks that could increase the value and help to authenticate it. Most jewelry appraisers give you the insurance value of the piece but may not tell you what the estimated resale value is. This is because the sale price of jewelry depends on several factors like current demand and which avenue you use to sell it.
Paying For The Appraisal
Most appraisers charge customers by the hour for their assessment. There will also be an extra fee for the paperwork they give you to keep. If you’ve decided to mail your jewelry to an appraiser, you can expect to pay a shipping cost to have it mailed back to you. Some appraisers have a flat rate or a minimum fee, so do a little shopping around before you select the appraiser you want to use. With the right appraisal, such as from The Gold Miner, you can be sure that the jewelry you own has an official value attached to it in order to prove its worth.