If you need to get your hands on some quick money for household bills or an unanticipated financial crisis, you may find what you need simply laying around your home. Take a good look at your belongings to determine if there are any items that could be used to get out of your conundrum, and that could fetch a pretty-penny when you resell these things.
Five ways that could lead to quick money when you need it most are:
- Assess your jewelry. Take any jewelry that you come across to a reputable jeweler or broker to determine the worth before selling. There are some online sites that offer evaluations, and some may potentially offer to buy your items. Make sure that you know what you have before agreeing to a sale in order to obtain the most favorable results from the transaction. Contact a company like Fortuna Auction to learn more.
- Auction something online. Check out the many online auction platforms that provide sellers with a broad audience for unwanted belongings. Be sure to assess the fees and charges first, to ensure you will be earning what you need to get over your financial obstacle. There are some sites that sellers can use to get rid of anything, from clothes to cars, with little effort or work.
- Host a tag-sale. Make the effort to throw a yard sale this summer; this can be a great way to pick up some money while cleaning out the house. Talk with neighbors about joining in and getting rid of their unwanted things, too. Plus, the added vendors can draw more attention and increase traffic to your sale.
- Sell something on consignment. Though it may take a little time, offer up some items to a nearby consignment store or online site to get a good price for your unwanted clothing, shoes, bags, or jewelry. There may be some platforms that deal specifically with tools or equipment, also.
- Give to charity. If you are facing the prospect of owing money for taxes or end-of-the-year expenses, consider making a donation to charity right now. Many consumers may find that they are eligible for a substantial tax credit simply by giving unwanted possessions to a worthy organization. Make sure to get a receipt at the time of drop-off to document the donation for tax purposes.
A financial hurdle is the perfect time to look around and clean-out things that could get you out of your jam. Make sure to have third-party evaluations of valuable items, such as jewelry, before relinquishing these items to pawn brokers or buyers. Simply giving-up a few belongings could provide the money you need to get back on track!
As the economy ebbs and flows and stocks rise and plummet, many people turn to gold for a stable investment. It is for this reason that a number of people look to sell their gold for cash. With this in mind, you should consider some ideas that will help you to sell your gold on your terms and reap the benefits of the profits. Take advantage of these tips below so that you are able to maximize on selling your gold.
Tip #1: Understand The Measurements That Dealers Will Use When Buying Your Gold
When you reach out to gold buyers, you should understand the forms of measurement that they use when assessing them. For example, some dealers utilize the Troy ounce, while others use the 28 gram ounce. You should understand the measurement of karats as well, which allows you to know the weight of the gold when considering its mixture with other metals and alloys. Understanding these forms of measurement will allow you to make the most out of the process while remaining informed.
Tip #2: Get Your Gold Appraised By An Expert
You need to reach out to some gold experts who will be happy to appraise your pieces for you. This way, when you reach out to buyers, you will feel comfortable getting the price that you deserve. It is critical that you receive an appraisal for insurance purposes as well so that you can replace your most precious items if anything happens to them.
Tip #3: Find The Best Gold Buyer
Anytime that you are looking to make the most of your gold pieces, you will need to do business with excellent buyers who are reputable, insured, and licensed. Be sure that you look into referrals from people who have used them before, so that you know that they are professional and able to assist you. For best result, you should do business with professionals who also have a permanent address. Whenever possible, stop by for a visit to verify and speak with people who work there. There have been a number of cash for gold places that have popped up over the years, so you need to be sure that you are doing business with buyers that are credible and honest.
Consider these three guidelines so that you are able to make the most of the process and make a profit from your gold.
To sell gold, contact a dealer such as Desert Jewelry Mart & Coins.
Shopping for jewelry can be quite overwhelming because of the many options that you have. This is especially true if you are on a budget and need to save as much money as possible. Here are four ways to save money when shopping for jewelry:
- Opt for Silver: Gold jewelry may be your desired option, but gold is much more expensive than silver, so you may just want to opt for that instead. You can still find beautiful silver jewelry that will look great. You can even ask the professional at the jewelry shop if they have any silver jewelry that is similar to the gold jewelry that you have had your eye on.
- Buy Used Jewelry: Some jewelry shops may have used jewelry available for their customers for much cheaper. This can allow you to purchase gold jewelry if you prefer it. If your local jewelry stores don’t have used jewelry, however, you can always purchase used jewelry from pawn shops. Just be sure that you ask for certificates to ensure that it is authentic.
- Be Sure to Receive Certification: Whenever you purchase jewelry, be sure that you receive proper certification for it. This is typically a given when you shop from a jewelry shop since they will always provide this. This is going to ensure that you are definitely getting what you paid for. On top of this, if you decide to sell any jewelry pieces in the future, having certification will ensure that you can sell it for the price that you want to. Without certification, it will be difficult to sell for what the jewelry piece is actually worth.
- Look Online: Before you go into a jewelry store to shop for jewelry, check out their website. You can find a piece of jewelry a bit easier and with a clear head since you won’t be overwhelmed by other customers being in your way to clearly look at the jewelry. You can also find jewelry that they may not have on display in the store. You can also be sure that you are going to the right location since some stores may be out of stock of the piece that you would like to purchase. This can save you a great deal of time and money, as well.
By following these tips for saving money, you can be sure that you get the jewelry you want, even when you are on a budget.
If you have your grandmother’s antique brooch or you’ve just purchased a wedding ring, it’s a good idea to have your jewelry professionally appraised. This process will provide you with a piece of paperwork that explains the value of your jewelry for resale and insurance purposes. It will cost you some money upfront to have jewelry appraised, but this will be a valuable asset when you go to sell or insure it later. Here is what you can expect when you take a piece of jewelry in to be appraised.
Once you’ve decided which appraiser you plan to use, they will perform an initial assessment of the jewelry. The appraiser will usually clean the piece thoroughly in order to be able to see the clarity of the stones used and to get a good image when they take photographs of the jewelry. The piece of jewelry will be weighed so that the appraiser can determine how many carats it contains and how many grams of gold, silver, or other metals are in it. This weight is important to assessing the overall value of the piece. They will also measure the size of any stones found in the jewelry.
A professional jewelry appraiser will test the metal content of your jewelry to determine its authenticity. If the gold is 24 or 14 karat, for example, they will be able to tell this from the test and can make a more accurate appraisal. They will also look at the cut, color, and clarity of any stones as well as their weight combined to determine the market value. If a piece of jewelry is antique, the appraiser will look for any maker’s marks that could increase the value and help to authenticate it. Most jewelry appraisers give you the insurance value of the piece but may not tell you what the estimated resale value is. This is because the sale price of jewelry depends on several factors like current demand and which avenue you use to sell it.
Paying For The Appraisal
Most appraisers charge customers by the hour for their assessment. There will also be an extra fee for the paperwork they give you to keep. If you’ve decided to mail your jewelry to an appraiser, you can expect to pay a shipping cost to have it mailed back to you. Some appraisers have a flat rate or a minimum fee, so do a little shopping around before you select the appraiser you want to use. With the right appraisal, such as from The Gold Miner, you can be sure that the jewelry you own has an official value attached to it in order to prove its worth.
If you need some money now, then one of your options is to get a collateral loan. To help you decide whether a collateral loan is right for you, here are some things that you should know:
What is a collateral loan?
In a collateral loan, you give up a valuable asset that you own as collateral. In essence, that asset will be used as an assurance that you will return the loan when it comes time to pay. If you do not pay the loan back on time, then the lender has the right to assume possession of your asset, and sometimes even sell it. Depending on the terms of your loan, you may have a grace period after the payment is due before your collateral is actually taken. Failing to pay the loan on time will also often result in increased interest rates and charges.
What can be used as collateral?
In almost every case, collateral loan lenders will want assets that are worth more than the loan. This will depend largely on the size of the loan, with small loans being covered by jewelry or other personal items, and larger loans requiring a car or large equipment as collateral. If you are looking for a collateral loan for business purposes, then the scale can be significantly larger, with some future profits or insurance policies taken as collateral.
What are the benefits of collateral loans?
The main benefit of a collateral loan is that it is easy to acquire and tends to have low interest rates. Both of these stem from the fact that you are putting up collateral, which basically puts the lender in a win-win situation. Either you pay the loan back on time and they get paid the interest, or you fail to pay and they get an asset that is likely more valuable than the loan was.
As far as ease of acquisition goes, collateral loans tend to have lower credit score requirements than similar loans. While other loans heavily rely on credit score to judge the trustworthiness of the client and the odds that the loan will be paid back, collateral loans do not, thanks to the usage of collateral. For the same reason, collateral loans can often charge lower interest than similar loans, since they have an increased likelihood of being paid back.
As long as you pay back the loan on time, a collateral loan can be a much more effective option than other types of small loans, particularly if you have poor credit.
Contact a company like Sol’s Jewelry & Loan if you’re ready to consider a collateral loan.
As a jewelry aficionado, you probably have more jewelry than you know what to do with. Some of your pieces are too beautiful to be kept inside of a jewelry box that no one sees. So, if you are looking for a unique way to hang and showcase your jewelry, here are a few ideas:
1. Jewelry Tree
If you would like to make something sophisticated, yet rustic, this project is definitely for you. It’s the perfect place for necklaces, especially simple ones. To make this jewelry tree, you will need to locate some of the nicest branches that you can. Paint them with a gold or silver color – a glitter spray would be beautiful. Place these branches into a vase and arrange them so that it almost looks as if it is a tree.
You can then hang some of your lighter necklaces on the branches. It will hold quite a few, and you may be able to throw one or two larger necklaces on there. You can even add some bracelets and rings to the ends. As you are placing your necklaces, just pay attention to how the branches are holding up to make sure you don’t put too much on them, which can take away from the whole design and eventually lead to the breaking of the branches.
2. Corkboard Cubbies
If you want something a bit flashy, but you don’t want to take up a lot of room, you may want to consider this DIY craft. You will need a piece of circular corkboard, some glitter (your color choice), empty tape rolls, paint (your choice of color) and spray or craft adhesive. Paint the empty tape rolls (painter’s tape or duct tape) inside and out. Spray your adhesive across the entire piece of corkboard (you could also use hot glue for the tape rolls). Attach the empty tape rolls in a pattern of your choosing and spread out the glitter evenly across the corkboard. That’s it! You can place bracelets, rings, etc. inside. It can also serve as a message center, so make sure you keep a couple of thumb tacks handy for attach notes.
3. Vintage Shutters
If you’re looking for a stylish, vintage-themed way of storing your jewelry, consider heading to a local thrift store and seeing if you can find some old shutters. You can likely find some pretty easily, and for a small price. You can take these home, paint them a color that matches the décor in the area where you plan to affix it to the wall, and hang your earrings. If you add some small hooks, you can also store your necklaces, bracelets and rings here as well.
If you find that you have room for additional jewelry, head to your local jewelry store to feed your addiction!